Tuesday, February 28, 2006

CORK AND DEMON WESTERN WINE TOUR 2006

I'm leaving tomorrow, March 1st at 4:30 in the freakin' morning. Wow. Why, you ask, am I getting up at the crack of ass? Because I looooove to start driving early, so that after I've gone five hours, it's still 10 am, and I've got the whole day ahead of me. Otherwise, the day becomes about getting there, and while that'll be unavoidable sometimes, it's so much cooler the other way.

I can NOT wait to wake up in west Texas. West Texas is one of the most beeyootiful spots in the country, don't care what you say. I fully expect to be tripping on the Marfa lights very soon. I can't believe I've been out there twice and haven't check 'em out. We'll fix that. Also on my list of non-vino related destinations: the Guadalupe Mountains, Carlsbad Caverns (always wanted to go since I was a wee little shit!), and the Chiricahua National Monument in Arizona. There's a whole lotta stuff to see, and I want to get it done before we all die of the avian flu.

The Cork and Demon,
my wine-centric blog will host my wine adventures, and this blog will be my headquarters for posts about my travels. And yeah, there'll be pictures. Lots of pictures. You'll totally be like, stop posting kickass pictures already, I'm not getting any work done.
Here's a link to an explanation of the tour.

Please check back, and please post any and all of your comments and suggestions, and wish me well.

Holy Damn, here I go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home